Do you have a passion for dance? Have you been dancing for years and enjoyed it so much you want to do it as a career? Did you invest so much time into Dance that you sacrificed other opportunities so you could dance? But if you’re considering leaving the world of dance; whether that because of time, lack of confidence or determination. Rethink your decision, here are 5 motivational tips to keep dancing!
- Think about how far you’ve come already. You’ve invested so much time, money and effort in Dance. Setting all those goals, achievements you’ve earned, all those new moves you’ve perfected after trying for 100 times before. All this hard work will be wasted, all this determination will be gone and all the time? You’ve already come too far.
- Do you see a professional job related with Dance? If so, why not aim for it. Set goals further into the Dance world, for me I aim to be a professional ballerina. I know it’s going to be hard but as I mentioned previously, I’ve already come too far. Pushing through obstacles which try to prevent me from carrying on, life pushing me back. But I am strong, you are strong, you can persevere and achieve what needs to be achieved!
- Is confidence holding you back from carrying on? You need to reach outside your comfort zone, start thinking about YOURSELF, not anyone else. This is your future, your talent. Everyone has their best and yours is your best, you can’t be better than yourself. As long as your putting your best efforts into what you are truly passionate about, there is nothing to be ashamed of. You can only do your own best, and you will get better!
- Think about the consequences of leaving the Dance world. Where will you get your fitness? Where will your determination go? How will you set goals? How will you know what you want to do in the future? What hobby will you obtain if you quit? Will you regret it? Think about why you started dance in the beginning and what goals you set for the end. If this is what you wanted from day 1, you have to push and strive for success, even if it feels 1,000,000 miles away.
- Lastly, think about how you’ll feel when you achieve your goal. Whether that be to reach a certain grade, pass a certain audition or even as far as getting into that musical theatre/ballet company you dreamed of as a child. In the end you will realise all this hard work, passion, pain but most of all determination was worth it, and you would do it 1000 times again, just to reach the goal you’ve been striving for.
I hope at least some of these tips will make you rethink your decision if you’re considering leaving the Dance world. Obviously, some reasons why you need to leave Dance are part of life and have to be done, but make sure it’s for the right reasons. Consider these tips before making your final decision. Happy dancing!