- What is said to be the Healthy living?
Healthy living means the person should be physically and mentally healthy and these both the things work in a correlation with each other because if some person is physically not well then it affects its mental health.
There are many factors which affect your health such as genetic makeup, age. But you can make changes to your daily lifestyle by taking steps forward to healthy living.
Healthy living does not mean that doing hours of exercise in the gym, eating salad, going for a short walk once a week.
Healthy living means choose healthy living habits in the day to day life. For example
choose a healthy Diet plan,
Do physical activity into your daily routine
Control your bodyweight
Do a moderate amount of alcohol consumption
Get enough sleep every day
Control your blood pressure and cholesterol
Regularly do health check up
Do not smoke
Protect yourself from too much sun.
- There are some tips to make your living healthy.
- Eating healthily
Everyone should have a food for growth and maintenance of the body but we have a different requirement as infants, children, teens, adults and seniors.
But there are some tips for having a healthy diet:
- Always eat three meals a day(morning, afternoon and dinner) but the dinner should not have the large meal.
- Daily milk should include fruits, green vegetables, whole grains and low fat containing foods
- Always choose lean meat, eggs, poultry, fish and nuts.
- Always eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and stop eating.
- Avoid sodas and sugary drinks because there are excessive calories in sugary drinks. Also, do not choose diet drink because it always increases your food consumption.
- Avoid eating a large meal before sleeping to decrease gastroesophageal reflux and weight gain.
- Avoid having heavy foods during the summer.
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat of any type.
- Physical activity
- Physical activity and exercise is the major contributor in a healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise increases the self-esteem and self-confidence prevent stress and anxiety.
- Doing regular exercise prevent or reverse some age-related diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, blood pressure etc.
- Regular exercise helps chronic arthritis patients by helping them to climb stairs, in driving etc.
- Exercise also helps in weight gain and decrease fat content in the body.
- Avoid Tobacco use
- Avoid smoking tobacco to prevent lung cancer.
- Stop chewing tobacco to prevent oral cancer.
- Tobacco use causes atherosclerosis which leads to many heart problems.
- Pregnant women smoke a tobacco are more likely to deliver a low birth weight baby.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Excessive alcohol consumption is the major cause of liver cirrhosis.
- Liver cirrhosis can lead to lung cancer.
- Liver cirrhosis can also cause haemorrhage, muscle wasting, confusion, kidney failure, coma.
- Avoid high-risk sexual behaviour
- High-risk sexual behaviour means include the following:
Multiple sex partners
Partners with sexually transmitted diseases.
High-risk sexual behaviours may lead to STDs such as gonorrhoea, syphilis, Herpes, HIV cancer and cervical cancer in women.
- Protect yourself from too much Sun
- Always use sunscreen lotion and creams whenever go outside because excessive sun exposure may lead to Melanoma and skin cancers.
Thus we can live a healthy life by choosing some good habits.